A dream of hallucinations


It was a Sunday night I was watching Breaking Bad series and a slice of pizza on the other hand I fell a sleep unknowingly . The dream started in a place I knew well, College. Blaring loudspeakers announced that we are going to Jupiter, boycotting Earth. I thought it was a joke. Suddenly, we found ourselves on a spaceship, heading for Titan, a moon of Jupiter. The lucidity was real.

We landed on Titan. Surprisingly, there were people there, and the place was bustling with colonies, Complex, hotels. Students were instructed to wear the ID card and stay at the hotel. Forget the sun, I was seeing Jupiter in all its glory.

During the night, I don’t know how but Jupiter was lit up. Beautiful lights everywhere, Like a aurora in the polar region.


On Titan, there was a place where you could take pictures of Jupiter and the entire Milky Way galaxy. I look up and see millions of stars in all their glory. It was surreal.


I tried to take pictures obviously but while doing so, I met my family. Confused, I asked them, “How are you guys here?” They didn’t respond but my uncle helped me by taking pictures, He had a selfie stick.

I looked at my watch. 7:30PM. A buffet appeared out of nowhere. It was weird to see Indian food but it was an unbelievable experience. I sat on the muddy ground watching the Universe in all its glory, eating my food, it had samosas, jalebi, fafda & chappathi. 
I overheard a conversation from behind me. They missed Earth. It hit me, “Why did we leave Earth?” When I asked them, they responded saying, “Because of the insane AI robots and excessive radioactivity.”

I further questioned, “How did we get here? It's too far from Earth.” They were equally Confused.

I went back to the hotel and started thinking. Out of nowhere, a classmate appeared. He said,

Hey bro, come lets play uno we kept on playing it. After some time I realized  had I have not taken bath since morning.

Fortunately, in the hotel, we had bathrooms. The room looked like a typic dorm room. it was one big room with 6-7 beds. Kinda like a palace.


9 pm and I didn't want to sleep. So, I went out and saw all of my relatives there, partying for reasons unknown. I shouted, “HEY EVERYBODY! CAN I JOIN YOU GUYS?” One look at their faces told me they didn’t recognise me. I was confused and left the place.

Suddenly, I asked myself about what would happen if it thunders. I googled (Yes, Googled.) “Jupiter’s thunderstorm”.

“Massive thunderstorms complete with lightning and high winds can cover an area roughly the same size as our planet and can last for months."


I was scared. I spread the news in WhatsApp and shouting. Thunderstorms could kill us. Like how it killed dinosaurs. I was met with calm replies about the absence of thunder in Titan.

It rains petroleum here, Security said. Don’t worry about this.

I was confused. “BZZZ! BZZZ!” Alarms rattled the place.

A general announced that some humans were left back at Earth and that the Army would require some volunteers to help rescue them.

I immediately agreed  nobody else did, I was excited but the others weren’t. I asked them,

“Why are you guys sad? Don't you like travelling in spaceships?

They hung their faces and told me earth is small, polluted and now it was ruled by robots there. And as we went past Jupiter, my mom woke me up. I tried to recollect my surroundings, still unaware of where I was, The sunrays hit my face as my mom opened the curtains. This dream left me in a haze.

It is a pretty weird one, but all dreams are, aren’t they?


Please do           SHARE       COMMENT      SUBSCRIBE




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The voyage to bungalow

Blue Witch